Because Fred Meyer is at the hub of my town I ended up there twice today and NOW I'm stocked up on
1. Tillamook yogurt (.30)
2. Tillamook cheese (Pepper Jack and Colby) (3.99)
3. Brita Pitchers (Decided that Free to $.99 apiece was a good price just for the FILTERS they came with!)
4. Campbell's Soups. ($.50 per can-best price I've paid for chunky soup)
5. Vitamins. They had 50% clearance Nature made vites, then used $2.00 off coupons. SCORE!
6. Sourdough Bread (I'm addicted) for $1.99/loaf on clearance rack.
7. LOTS of peanut butter, strawberry jam, and vita-bee bread for $1.00 ea.
8. BOGO salad kits galore (some had peelies sweetening the deal)
So excited was I that I LEFT the $25.00 cashback (meant for the math tutor) at the self checkout!!! ("SIGH") Broke my frugal heart. I'm thinking there's a lesson here. Perhaps.
I can plan this and that to save money, but, in the end, my Heavenly Father can either bless my efforts or frustrate them. Seek First His Kingdom and His Righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Right? The Israelite's sandals didn't wear out in the desert (big savings there), and the land was FLOWING with milk and honey (more savings). But when Ananias and Sapphira tried to save a buck the wrong way they paid for it dearly. A $25.00 lesson to keep first things first. Guess I needed that.